Thursday, June 24, 2010

Insanity Defined

Let's celebrate the individual who first looked at a plant and reasoned that it could be cultivated, then transformed into the fine white powder so sought after today. It takes ingenuity to look at vegetation and see a multi billion dollar industry. I wonder if she knew... Could she even have fathomed the power of that funny white powder?

Some believe it to be highly addictive while others claim the rush is psychological. When it hits my blood stream, I feel it instantly, and my heart races. What some call euphoria, I call elation. If you're not careful, you'll fall into a full fledged habit, using just to keep the edge off. In large doses it causes anxiety. Beware of the crash that leaves many listless, tired, and horribly depressed.

I use daily and can't stop. What's worse, I don't want to. I rapaciously crave it every minute.

Despite ample warnings of the dangers, it still permeates most every facet of my life. You won't find anyone that hasn't been affected, some with devastating consequences. You see it on the subway, droopy eyed sloths, just awaiting their next fix, and they'll get it because it's that easy to find...

I know the first step is to recognize I have a problem. OK. I am sugar's bitch...

No comments: