Friday, July 23, 2010

MultiPlease

Please.

You could call it a prayer, but I'm not sure I believe in God.

You could call it a request, but it fails to telegraph the desperation.

You could call it politeness, but I'm beyond that.

Please.

It rolls around inside my head every time I dream of the possibilities. It preambles the mantra that there will be no harder worker, no more determined promoter, no more enthusiastic a marketer.

Please.

But it's also a plea to the universe for redemption. An affirmative answer allows me to transcend, like Phoenix, into the unknown. It permits me to sigh years of baited breath.

It gives me a chance to let go.

But there are times that defiance creeps in. Please is demanding, like I'm owed.

Please, I am owed.

And should the universe deny me, please is my excuse to refuse plan B, to give up on writing. Please is the anvil that collapses the parachute of gratitude, plunging me into self pity.

Then please will be the answer to looking on the bright side, Maybe it's all for the best...

Please.

For now, I'll use it to hush the myriad of thoughts, good and bad, that hurl at me everyday. I've never been this close...I'm almost there...But what if it doesn't work...What if they hate it...I'll be stuck in purgatory forever...

Please!

No comments: